Thursday, February 23, 2012

My budget and your budget aren't OUR budget


Please do not include an analogy to household budgets in your argument as to why we should cut the department of education or eliminate funding to Planned Parenthood.  It doesn’t support your point.  It’s just stupid.  Yes, my wife and I have a major problem if we are spending more than we bring in.  We certainly could not operate with the kind of deficit the federal government now has.  We also can’t tax our children to get more money.  My neighbor won’t buy my kids toys and charge them a small fee to play with them … or pay to visit my house and take pictures of my kids.  Last I checked I couldn’t print money in the garage either.  There also isn’t an army in there.   Why don’t I have my own army?  I don’t have my own army or print my own money because I don’t have my own country.  My budget constraints are not the same as those facing our America’s elected leaders.  So please, stop pretending as if they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment