Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Welcome Statements

"Hey, I don't think I agree with your position on this. Can you explain your reasoning to me?"

"We certainly don't agree on this, but I think we have some common ground on these other issues. Could we try to get something done there first?"

"I wonder if we can look at the issue in another way ... we might find an approach that is acceptable to everyone."

"This is how I differ from my opponent. I think his proposals won't work. I don't think he is anything like Hitler, I just think he's wrong. I even think his intentions are right, but he's wrong and you should vote for me. Here is what I intend to do and why it will work. Here is why his plans won't work. I think if you take a look at this you'll agree with me."

"I was wrong when I said that. I apologize. Here is what I was thinking, and where I think we should go from here."

What are these? They are the sorts of statements I would like to hear come out of the mouths of politicians more often. I'm not sure I'm too hopeful, but it would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment