Friday, June 17, 2011

Geese, Planes, and Poverty

All in the world is not doom and gloom. Sometimes common sense emerges triumphant. Geese killed in New York City to improve aviation safety will be shipped to Pennsylvania to feed the needy. I think killing the geese is probably a necessity. I know the ASPCA opposes it, but I think killing people is sometimes necessary so that should tell you all you need to know about whether I think killing animals can be OK. Now I’m not a big advocate of hunters’ rights and animal slaughter is not a big thing for me, but making air travel safer seems to be a cause worth sacrificing a few birds for … when the birds are put to use in the fight against hunger, that’s even better. It’s also strangely appropriate … a solution to overpopulation in one species helps to alleviate the impact of overpopulation in another. It’s appropriate and wonderful, and the result of politics and government bureaucracy. That might be the most wonderful thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment