Wednesday, January 2, 2013

W-etiquette Wednesday: The House Republicans and Bad Form


It’s bad form to play politics with disaster relief.  It’s stupid to get caught playing politics with disaster relief.  It’s moronic to get caught playing politics with disaster relief after pushing the country to the brink of the fiscal cliff.  I don’t know about you, but my reaction to people in need usually isn’t to check their party affiliation or home state.  Of course, I also wouldn’t come to an agreement with my wife that it is OK for her to spend money on something for herself, and then when the credit card bill comes in the mail demand that the family get rid of cable.    But then, I don’t think that I am going to get my way all the time.  And I don’t think my wife is evil or should be excommunicated from the family if she disagrees with me.  And I recognize we live in the same house together.  But I’m probably a little slow, because I also don’t see how Obama can turn us into Greece.  The Republicans in the House of Representatives have lost their minds.  Their quest to eviscerate government has officially gone about twenty two steps too far.  It is way past time to help fix the Republican Party by changing the way redistricting happens in this country, and reducing the number of safe districts for both parties … eliminating the pull of the radical elements in each party.  Or we can use the money that should be going to help people in blue states rebuild to create a model of the Parthenon on Pennsylvania Avenue.  It makes as much sense as most everything else on the agenda of the House Republicans, and as an example of classical architecture at least it could never be bad form.

No comments:

Post a Comment