Friday, May 20, 2011

Armageddon or not, you only turn five once

The earth is ending this Saturday, which is a bummer because we have out a lot of work in to planning our daughter’s birthday on Sunday. I wonder how many people will come despite the earthquakes. If you ask me, an RSVP is an RSVP. If you said yes, you’d better come. I suppose we could have cancelled it, but I am a firm believer … that you always try to make a go. Besides, it’s supposed to take a few months to really finish us all off, so we shouldn’t have any trouble getting a party in. I’m really not sure why anyone should get worked up about the rapture. I mean, we’re all going to die … right? Last I checked that could happen at any time. Do you cancel things because you might die? Should you not plan at all? If you just live your life the doing the best you can, trying to help out others and do what you think is the right thing, and there is a Just God, then you’ll be OK. If there’s not a Just God or there’s Just no God, what does it really matter? I know it doesn’t make sense to apply logic to the end of the world, or to some Christians, but I can’t help myself. I also can’t help but go ahead with the birthday. I’m far more afraid of the wrath of my four year old daughter than of God, whoever she or he might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment